WHAT WE DO
“Working with clients to facilitate the changes needed in development”
Facilitate development of innovative policies; promote systems renewal; evaluate progress; and design strategic initiatives relating to:
- All levels of education and development from early learning (ECD) and primary to secondary (junior and senior), and tertiary levels
- Education variants from formal and non-formal, through technical vocational education and training, to distance learning and media-based education
- Multiple providers and facilitators from central and local governments to communities, private and non-governmental bodies (including faith-based)
- Diverse States from normal, progressive and successful through stagnating and failing (challenged by fragility) to dysfunctional and collapsed (emergencies);
- Identify mechanisms and tools for efficient, effective, and economic (for the poor) health service delivery along the continuum of care.
- Assess, design and strengthen: comprehensive, integrated, harmonized and aligned health systems and programs.
- Help structure and enhance synergies between health and related sectors, such as education, planning and budgeting, local government, agriculture, water and sanitation, trade, industrial development, environment and climate change for growth, development and poverty reduction.
- Help put people and communities at the centre of the health system, with a focus on mothers, children and vulnerable groups.
- Provide critical tools for a results based approach, including data collection, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation and operational research.
- Help design a health system that delivers for all.
Advocacy and communications
Develop communication strategies and advocacy campaigns to raise widespread public awareness and help secure public support.
- Craft a master narrative based on evidence and designed to facilitate better decision making within and across sectors;
- Create message frameworks, using critical analyses, audience research and cooperative problem solving;
- “Translate” and communicate technical findings and reports as a basis for constructive engagement with a variety of non-technical interest groups;
- Plan, execute and measure multi-media communications that reach and transform audiences into partners.
Photo credits: Democratic Republic of Congo/ P. James .
Left: Bosnia/ A. Azaryeva.